"The acceptance of certain realities doesn't preclude idealism. It can lead to certain breakthroughs."
Freddie is a recent graduate of the Victoria University Landscape Architecture Masters Programme. During his undergraduate degree, Freddie worked as an amateur interior and industrial designer for Boconcept. Freddie brings an appreciation of design utility at different scales to his work at Resilio. Since working at Resilio Studio Freddie has been heavily involved in spatial planning for the Kaipara District Council as well as landscape architecture and urban design for Kāinga Ora housing developments.
Fueled by his psychology and human geography background, Freddie is passionate about exploring how communities meaningfully shape and influence project briefs and outcomes. This complements the systems approach, authentic engagement processes, and socially sustainable outcomes Resilio Studio strives to achieve.
Qualifications, Affiliations + Awards
- Bachelor of Science - Majoring in Psychology / Minoring in Urban Geography | University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies (Land) | Victoria University of Wellington
- Master of Landscape Architecture | Victoria University of Wellington
- Kaipara District Spatial Plan - Ngā Wawata 2050 –
- Highly Commended for Non-Statutory Planning category (NZPI Awards, 2021)
- Kaipara Key Urban Areas
- Kaipara District Spatial Plan – Ngā Wawata 2050
- Kāinga Ora – various projects